What is better SEO or PPC?
There are a lot of pros and cons for both of them. You will find out more, if you read the infographics and the article.
When you choose keywords that are relevant for SEO, you look not only for the words that will generate some income, but for those that reflect a general interest in the content of your website such as blogs or videos. Thanks to SEO keywords, you can test different content and find out what the target audience is interested on your site the most. While PPC context advertising requires defining keywords that will be used in the bidding – only the keywords that pay off your investments and bring you a potential income. You have to focus only on those few words that bring a user to a target action (the ultimate goal is buying).
- The biggest issue is margin of error. What is margin of error of keywords selection for SEO and PPC? There is no margin for error when it comes to PPC. You can not afford to make mistakes in the paid ad, because each error costs money – every keyword that you put the bidding on will automatically become a part of the auction. You have to carefully read all the words to delete those that do not work at all, comparing the remained ones by the quality, price and click. You have a bigger margin in SEO. If you chose a keyword that does not work, you can correct your previous behavior and try again. Eventually you can build your own keywords rating and determine those that bring traffic. In SEO you do not have pay for every keyword and shy away from all high-frequency requests that can generate high rating. On the contrary, you can continue competing them, or in some case move to long-tail keywords.
- It is also important to determine the best keywords location in accordance with a website structure. You can use more general, high-frequency keywords (relevant to the subject) on the main page and choose specific terms in subcategories. It is crucial for SEO that word forms and word order of search requests in the page text and link anchors are similar to those that are typed in search engines. For a model «Pay-Per-Click» the preciseness of keywords can be achieved, not by changing word forms, but simply through command manipulation to clarify the requests. Requests that are cutting-edge relevant only for a short period of time are not suited for SEO (for example, offers of coupon services). Besides, it is essential to take into account the regionality factor. It is often impossible to promote a site using geo-dependent requests in those regions where there are no representatives of a client company. On the other hand, there is always an opportunity to switch on /off a search request and region or change text of a chosen keyword (or other settings up to full recall of an advertising campaign) in РРС. PPC is a more flexible tool for advertising, promotion, sales, and other one-time actions. #strike
- With SEO you will enjoy not only immediate returns on investments, but also sustainability and growth over long period of time (long after PPC has reached its highs). If you are searching for the same terms over and over again (because they are related to your business interests), you will see the same ads all over again, which eventually will lead to advertising blindness – you will stop noticing ads. #Strike
- 85% of clicks from search engine results account for natural links not paid advertising. #Another strike
- 86% people that use the search trust natural SEO results more than paid PPC. #Hit below the belt
Infographics courtesy of siteber.com.
If the above-mentioned information and inforgraphics were not enough to pursuade you to put enough resources into SEO and you still have doubts about it, you can get a free consultation about SEO or other marketing issues from our profi here.